Saturday 3 May 2008

Hedge 2




I spent another few hours today hacking...cutting...trimming down the hedges to the front of the plot. Hawthorn, which meant when I finished I looked like that pinhead bloke from the horror film...
Anyway, that's all done now, the hedging left will come out completely as it's on the access, a neighbour has expressed interest, as their garden needs some vegetation after their ground source heat pump system went in. They are welcome to it, otherwise it will add to the very large bonfire pile of bush I have.
I broke my handsaw today, but fixed it with some cable ties I had to hand. It wont fold and lock, but it still cuts very well. A couple of the neighbours came out to chat. Very pleasant, including the ones who objected to my planning application. All seems friendly.
I also had three offers of the use of a chain saw, which I turned down, and explained that this was a fun exercise and was washing away the work stress for the holiday weekend. As I said to the Minister, I will sleep the sleep of the righteous tonight. Not sure how much he liked that, but he did laugh as he walked away.

Laughing at what though?

No comments: