Saturday 26 April 2008

hedge trimming





School fete this morning. We raised over £1100, which is good considering there are only 30 odd kids at the school. Well done us.
Lunchtime we spoke to our contractor and gave him a cheque for the kit order. He thinks he will be on site in a couple of weeks, with new machine I think. Discussed one or two things we need to pin down later on. I've great faith in him. Everything I've seen he's done has been good, and he is very professional and friendly. A find, no doubt.

I've decided it's too late to move and replant hedges, so am resorting to plan A, which is to trim the existing hawthorn hedge down to get the sitelines for the access onto the road. I'll fill the gaps with new hawthorn in due course. There is a handy gap in the hedge which may be usefull for access for the contractor.
As I am generally unfit, I used a handsaw to trim the hedges. Hard work, but satisfying, and I can feel I've moved the project on a wee bit myself.
Bonfire soon. I'll film that. Which is worrying.

No comments: